RECRUITMENT OF A BRANCH MANAGER
Umutanguha Finance Company (UFC) Ltd, a microfinance institution operating in Rwanda headquartered in Kigali, Opposite Nyamirambo Stadium, House # 177, KN2 Avenue, P.O Box 2998 Kigali, Tel 0252 50 43 01- 0788599150, wishes to recruit a focused, results-oriented and suitably qualified professional to fill the following position:
Position : Branch Manager (1 vacancy)
Duty Station (1st Appointment) : Mahoko/ Rubavu District
Date of Issue : 24th August 2015
Closing date : 1st September 2015
Category : Full time, Open-ended contract with a prior six-month probation period. Reporting hierarchy :
The Branch Manager reports to the Regional Manager North-West. Reporting to the Branch
Manager will be branch staff including cashiers, loan and saving officers, in total 7- 8 people.
Under limited supervision, the Branch Manager will coordinate, at branch level, all credit and saving activities, human resource, marketing and sales as well as partners and clients relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Achieve the targeted revenue, profitability, risk control, loan portfolio quality and quantity, saving portfolio volume, clients and outreach, job creation and training objectives as set in the Branch performance targets, action plan and budget.
2. Attract, retain, motivate and coach each staff to ensure that the Branch office is appropriately staffed, organized and managed to achieve its performance objectives.
3. Ensure that microfinance ‘best practice’ operating, credit and human resource policies, systems, and processes developed by the company are implemented in a consistent manner to deliver repeatable results.
4. Oversee the ongoing development of a training curriculum that is transformational for clients
5. Develop and implement an overall long term sales and marketing strategy for the branch under his/her responsibility
6. Build a healthy relationship and partnership with local authorities, financial institutions, local shareholders and other stakeholders.
DESIRED BACKGROUND, CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Banking, Finance, Accounting or related fields
• Excellent computer knowledge (Ms Office) and Banking softwares;
o Fluent in Kinyarwanda and either English or French, with proficient in speak/read/write in both languages (French and English)
o A qualified professional with 5+ years of banking, financial or relevant industry experience as a branch manager or another leadership position
• Class A Driving license is an added advantage
• In -depth understanding of both North-West rural businesses and sub-culture
• Demonstrated commitment to social efforts.
• Experience in microfinance and/or banking industries will be highly regarded.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with local authorities and bankers.
• Demonstrated leadership skills;
• Ability to lead and manage both up and down in the organization
o Ability to plan, organize, monitor and evaluate business performance in relation to set objectives
o Creativity and innovation in order to continuously come up with ways of making customer service experiences better
o Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
o Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
o Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
Should maintain high standards of integrity and be immediately available to start the work.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your:
• Application letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Certificates (work, training, etc)
• Academic transcripts (copies)
• Degree (s)- Copies
Electronically To: [email protected]
The deadline for receiving applications is 1st September, 2015 at 5:00 PM local time.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Management.