To achieve its mandate, the Brand Kenya Board seeks to strengthen its management team by hiring valued talent to fill the following critical position:
Ref: BKB/HR/FM/02/2015-2016 (L3)
About us: Brand Kenya Board is a State Corporation established in 2008 and mandated to ensure that an integrated national brand is created, harnessed and sustained in the long term.
The mandate of the Board has two critical aspects:-
National Branding: develop and implement a National Identity that will spur higher levels of pride, patriotism and social cohesion among the citizenry.
International Branding: manage Kenya’s image and reputation in order to enhance the levels of confidence in Kenya as a competitive destination for; FDI inflows, Corporate/institutional Headquarters, Tourists and Visitors, Trade and inward flow of talent.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Manager will advise the Board and management on all finance matters and ensure prudent financial management and accounting practice is achieved in line with international standards and Board’s finance policies and government regulations.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish sound financial policies, systems and procedures in compliance with statutory regulations;
- Ensure that all financial resources of the Board are effectively and efficiently managed by designing and implementing internal control procedures;
- Participate in the preparation of the Board’s strategic (Operational) plans and forecasts, succession planning, cash flow projections and computation of expense ratios, and advise the Board accordingly;
- Coordinate the budgeting process, monitor cash flow and oversee the Board’s financial performance against the budget and operational goals;
- Develop, maintain and monitor grants accounting systems and procedures and capturing all pledges, billings and receipts;
- Identify and manage financial risks and manage audit process;
- Coordinate the annual audits (both systems & book audits) in compliance with International Accounting Standards;
- Manage day to day accounting processes, reconciling monthly activity and generating end-year reports;
- 9. Maintain liaison with relevant Government departments for necessary consultation on financial matters to ensure the Board’s compliance with statutory requirements;
- Guide and supervise staff performance in the department to foster discipline, motivation and team spirit;
- Ensure that Board’s assets and financial resources are safeguarded from loss through fraud and error by maintaining adequate internal system controls.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
- A Bachelors degree in Commerce/Business Management (Accounting/Finance option).
- Holder of CPA (K) or equivalent
- Seven (7) years progressive experience in Finance Management
- An MBA in Finance or equivalent from a recognized university is an added advantage
- Member of ICPAK
- Excellent Communications skills both verbal and written.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ensure absolute discretion/sensitivity to privileged information and confidential matters’
- Practical knowledge of tax and other compliance requirements of state corporations;
- Excellent appreciation of computerized accounting software and packages
- Budget development and oversight experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and influence project teams
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the set criteria for the above positions, please CLICK HERE to download and complete the Application (Bio-data Form), attach copies of your professional and academic certificates, testimonials and state current position and remuneration, your email, day time contacts and contacts of three (3) referees.
Kindly, indicate the position and reference number on the application letter and Bio-data Form.
Note: Shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions; The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and The Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC).
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the positions will be negotiated with the right candidates.
The successful candidates will work on permanent and pensionable terms of employment subject to satisfactory performance of the roles and responsibilities.
All applications with duly completed Bio-data Form (See above link) and copies of relevant supporting documents should be submitted online to [email protected] or sent to the address below not later than Wednesday, 21st October 2015 5.00pm.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Brand Kenya Board,
NHIF, Building 4th Floor, Upper Hill, Nairobi
P.O Box 40500 – 00100
Tel: +254 2 271 5236/7;
Please note that Brand Kenya Board is an equal opportunity employer.
Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that any form of canvassing for above position will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.