To achieve its mandate, the Brand Kenya Board seeks to strengthen its management team by hiring valued talent to fill the following critical position:
Information, Technology and Communication Officer (L4)
Ref: BKB/HR/ ICT/02/2015-2016 (L4)
About us: Brand Kenya Board is a State Corporation established in 2008 and mandated to ensure that an integrated national brand is created, harnessed and sustained in the long term.
The mandate of the Board has two critical aspects:-
- National Branding: develop and implement a National Identity that will spur higher levels of pride, patriotism and social cohesion among the citizenry.
- International Branding: manage Kenya’s image and reputation in order to enhance the levels of confidence in Kenya as a competitive destination for; FDI inflows, Corporate/institutional Headquarters, Tourists and Visitors, Trade and inward flow of talent.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Information, Technology and Communication Officer will head the ICT department, execute the Information, Technology and Communication strategies, organize the ICT function, and play a critical role in the day to day operations to deliver on set objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Formulate and implement the ICT policies, standards and procedures in line with Board objectives;
- Plan and manage the acquisition, upgrading, repair and/or replacement and maintenance of computer systems, electronic equipment and peripherals
- Initiate, plan, manage specific computerization projects and technological innovations
- Prepare technical specifications to be used in the procurement of computer products and services;
- Develop and implement procedures for disaster management plan to ensure high level systems resilience and security;
- Ensure that inventory of all computing equipment, software and hardware ICT documentation are properly maintained
- Management of the website, Internet and Local Area Network.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or the equivalent,
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in information technology systems,
- Be fully qualified with A+ and N+ Knowledge, Conversant with LAN, and WAN/VSAT systems CCNA,
- Membership to a ICT related professional body.
- Key Competencies:
- Excellent communication and analytical skills,
- Agility and up to date on current ICT trends,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters.
- A working knowledge of computer operations and systems.
How to Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the set criteria for the above positions, please CLICK HERE to download and complete the Application (Bio-data Form), attach copies of your professional and academic certificates, testimonials and state current position and remuneration, your email, day time contacts and contacts of three (3) referees.
Kindly, indicate the position and reference number on the application letter and Bio-data Form.
Note: Shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions; The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and The Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC).
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the positions will be negotiated with the right candidates.
The successful candidates will work on permanent and pensionable terms of employment subject to satisfactory performance of the roles and responsibilities.
All applications with duly completed Bio-data Form (See above link) and copies of relevant supporting documents should be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the address below not later than Wednesday, 21st October 2015 5.00pm.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Brand Kenya Board,
NHIF, Building 4th Floor, Upper Hill, Nairobi
P.O Box 40500 – 00100
Tel: +254 2 271 5236/7;
Please note that Brand Kenya Board is an equal opportunity employer.
Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that any form of canvassing for above position will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.