To achieve its mandate, the Brand Kenya Board seeks to strengthen its management team by hiring valued talent to fill the following critical position:
International Branding Manager
Ref: BKB/HR/IBM/02/2015-2016 (L3)
About us: Brand Kenya Board is a State Corporation established in 2008 and mandated to ensure that an integrated national brand is created, harnessed and sustained in the long term.
The mandate of the Board has two critical aspects:-
National Branding: develop and implement a National Identity that will spur higher levels of pride, patriotism and social cohesion among the citizenry.
International Branding: manage Kenya’s image and reputation in order to enhance the levels of confidence in Kenya as a competitive destination for; FDI inflows, Corporate/institutional Headquarters, Tourists and Visitors, Trade and inward flow of talent.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Marketing Director, the International Branding Manager will develop, execute and monitor international branding strategies of the Board to ensure that an integrated approach to international country branding is achieved and maintained.
The job holder will be required to work closely with both Communications and National branding units to implement Kenya’s Brand Master Plan to harness and sustain a “Kenyan Brand” image in the international market.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identify and prioritize the Board’s international marketing and branding needs;
- Develop short and long term marketing plans and identify the medium for reaching market segments;
- Develop and implement International brand strategy for positioning the “Kenya Brand” in the international market;
- Continually monitor competing brands including identification of risks and opportunities and advise the Board on necessary action;
- Develop advertisements and other promotional programmes to improve brand identity and visibility in designated international markets;
- Assist in continual improvement of the quality and packaging of the Brand Kenya as well as develop and launch new branding initiatives for international audiences;
- Generate and post positive content on Kenya the Board’s website to drive international perceptions;
- Support and promote the interface between the various departments in order to enhance internal efficiency and improve the overall image of the Board as a market-driven organization;
- Production of advertisements and other promotional programmes to improve brand identity and visibility in the designated markets
- Ensure the Board’s brand guidelines are upheld during international events
- Interface with other Government marketing agencies to ensure a common approach to branding;
- Oversee international marketing budget to ensure spending is within budget and properly allocated
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing), Business Management or any other marketing related degree from a recognized university.
- Seven (7) years progressive experience; three (3) of which should be in marketing or brand management in a service industry.
- A Masters degree specializing in marketing/branding management or equivalent from a recognized university is an added advantage;
- Membership into marketing/public relations related professional bodies
- Excellent Communications skills both verbal and written and good command of social media.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook and access;
- Budget development and oversight experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work with advertising agencies on brand creation and management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to privileged information and confidential matters,
- Demonstrate a proven track-record of personal initiative, enthusiasm and ability to Multi-task.
- Ability to lead and influence project teams
How to Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the set criteria for the above positions, please CLICK HERE to download and complete the Application (Bio-data Form), attach copies of your professional and academic certificates, testimonials and state current position and remuneration, your email, day time contacts and contacts of three (3) referees.
Kindly, indicate the position and reference number on the application letter and Bio-data Form.
Note: Shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions; The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and The Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC).
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the positions will be negotiated with the right candidates.
The successful candidates will work on permanent and pensionable terms of employment subject to satisfactory performance of the roles and responsibilities.
All applications with duly completed Bio-data Form (See above link) and copies of relevant supporting documents should be submitted online to [email protected] or sent to the address below not later than Wednesday, 21st October 2015 5.00pm.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Brand Kenya Board,
NHIF, Building 4th Floor, Upper Hill, Nairobi
P.O Box 40500 – 00100
Tel: +254 2 271 5236/7;
Please note that Brand Kenya Board is an equal opportunity employer.
Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that any form of canvassing for above position will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.