To achieve its mandate, the Brand Kenya Board seeks to strengthen its management team by hiring valued talent to fill the following critical position:
National Branding Manager (L3)
Ref: BKB/HR/NBM/02/2015-2016 (L3)
About us: Brand Kenya Board is a State Corporation established in 2008 and mandated to ensure that an integrated national brand is created, harnessed and sustained in the long term.
The mandate of the Board has two critical aspects:-
National Branding: develop and implement a National Identity that will spur higher levels of pride, patriotism and social cohesion among the citizenry.
International Branding: manage Kenya’s image and reputation in order to enhance the levels of confidence in Kenya as a competitive destination for; FDI inflows, Corporate/institutional Headquarters, Tourists and Visitors, Trade and inward flow of talent.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director Marketing, the National Branding Manager will be responsible for managing the key pillars of the Kenya country brand namely; citizens, culture, tourism, public service and counties.
The position holder will advise the Board on how it can leverage on public goodwill to enhance the attractiveness of Kenya as a choice destination for trade, tourism and FDI and build a positive country brand image.
The job holder will be required to work closely with both communications and international branding units to implement Kenya’s Brand Master plan to harness and sustain a Kenyan Brand identify that will distinguish Kenyan products, goods, services and concepts locally and in the international market.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
The job holder will;
- Identify and prioritize Kenya’s marketing and branding needs;
- Develop both short and long term branding strategies to address the identified needs
- Co-ordinate various marketing initiatives for Kenya in partnership with government agencies, the private sector and key stakeholders in areas of investment, tourism, culture, national heritage, sports, commerce, and diplomacy, among others;
- Develop, review and implement guidelines to drive brand consistency across counties and the entire public service;
- Develop and implement a corporate national brand strategy for positioning the Kenya Brand in the marketplace;
- Promote a collective National identity in order to enhance National Pride, Patriotism, and Social Cohesion;
- Constantly monitor and analyze stakeholder needs and identify the medium for reaching market segments in line with the Board’s strategic plan;
- Support the interface between the various departments in order to enhance internal efficiency;
- Continually monitor competing brands including identification of risks and opportunities and advise the Board for necessary action;
- Contribute to positive development of Kenya’s Brand image nationally by addressing relevant target groups, including the youth, through most effective platforms.
- Generate and post positive content on Kenya the Board’s website to drive national perceptions;
- Ensure the Board’s brand guidelines are upheld during national events
- Production of advertisements and other promotional programmes to improve brand identity and visibility in the designated markets;
- Oversee national marketing budget to ensure spending is within budget and properly allocated
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing), Business Management or any other marketing related degree from a recognized university.
- Seven (7) years progressive experience; three (3) of which should be in marketing or brand management in a service industry.
- A Masters degree specializing in marketing/branding management or equivalent from a recognized university is an added advantage;
- Membership into marketing/public relations related professional bodies
- Excellent Communications skills both verbal and written.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook and access;
- Budget development and oversight experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work with advertising agencies on brand creation and management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to privileged information and confidential matters,
- Demonstrate a proven track-record of personal initiative, enthusiasm and ability to Multi-task.
- Ability to lead and influence project teams
How to Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the set criteria for the above positions, please CLICK HERE to download and complete the Application (Bio-data Form), attach copies of your professional and academic certificates, testimonials and state current position and remuneration, your email, day time contacts and contacts of three (3) referees.
Kindly, indicate the position and reference number on the application letter and Bio-data Form.
Note: Shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions; The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and The Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC).
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the positions will be negotiated with the right candidates.
The successful candidates will work on permanent and pensionable terms of employment subject to satisfactory performance of the roles and responsibilities.
All applications with duly completed Bio-data Form (See above link) and copies of relevant supporting documents should be submitted online to [email protected] or sent to the address below not later than Wednesday, 21st October 2015 5.00pm.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Brand Kenya Board,
NHIF, Building 4th Floor, Upper Hill, Nairobi
P.O Box 40500 – 00100
Tel: +254 2 271 5236/7;
Please note that Brand Kenya Board is an equal opportunity employer.
Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that any form of canvassing for above position will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews