To achieve its mandate, the Brand Kenya Board seeks to strengthen its management team by hiring valued talent to fill the following critical position:
Ref: BKB/HR/PO/02/2015-2016 (L4)
About us: Brand Kenya Board is a State Corporation established in 2008 and mandated to ensure that an integrated national brand is created, harnessed and sustained in the long term.
The mandate of the Board has two critical aspects:-
National Branding: develop and implement a National Identity that will spur higher levels of pride, patriotism and social cohesion among the citizenry.
International Branding: manage Kenya’s image and reputation in order to enhance the levels of confidence in Kenya as a competitive destination for; FDI inflows, Corporate/institutional Headquarters, Tourists and Visitors, Trade and inward flow of talent.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Procurement Officer will head the department and play a critical role in the day to day operations and execution of the Procurement strategies to enable the department deliver on set objectives.
- Develop and implement Procurement policies and procedures in line with Procurement laws and regulations;
- Ensure user departments adhere to procurement plans in line with budgets;
- Carry market surveys, monitor and evaluate performance of the supply chain function;
- Ensure sound partnerships with suppliers, clients and relevant government agencies;
- Ensure timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works, while strictly adhering to the procurement policy;
- Prepare requisitions for quotations or tenders to pre-qualified suppliers for the Board.
- Process applications and prepare corporation tender committee papers;
- Establish in liaison with the relevant departments and end-users, quality specifications of goods and services required by the Board;
- Carry out designated checks on quality and security aspects of procurement;
- Review the supply chain to ensure it is efficient and effective
- Manage the annual supplier pre-qualification exercise;
- Manage the disposal of obsolete and disposable items.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- A Bachelors degree Supply Chain Management or equivalent from a recognized university,
- Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Management,
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in similar position in a busy Organization,
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Ability to express self, clearly articulate issues and multi-task
- A working knowledge of Power point, MS word, excel etc
- Self driven, result oriented and a team player
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters
How to Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the set criteria for the above positions, please CLICK HERE to download and complete the Application (Bio-data Form), attach copies of your professional and academic certificates, testimonials and state current position and remuneration, your email, day time contacts and contacts of three (3) referees.
Kindly, indicate the position and reference number on the application letter and Bio-data Form.
Note: Shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions; The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and The Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC).
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the positions will be negotiated with the right candidates.
The successful candidates will work on permanent and pensionable terms of employment subject to satisfactory performance of the roles and responsibilities.
All applications with duly completed Bio-data Form (See above link) and copies of relevant supporting documents should be submitted online to [email protected] or sent to the address below not later than Wednesday, 21st October 2015 5.00pm.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Brand Kenya Board,
NHIF, Building 4th Floor, Upper Hill, Nairobi
P.O Box 40500 – 00100
Tel: +254 2 271 5236/7;
Please note that Brand Kenya Board is an equal opportunity employer.
Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that any form of canvassing for above position will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.