KWAL is looking for a well-organized and highly motivated individual who is result-oriented to fill the following position: Brand Manager (Wines)
Function / Division: Commercial
Supervisor / Manager Title: Marketing Manager
Job Purpose: The Brand Manager is responsible for developing and executing brand strategies for the specific product segment to build brand equity and drive revenue and increase market share.
Responsibilities for the Brand Manager Job
- In collaboration with the Marketing Manager, develop and execute successful brand management strategies aligned to the overall organisational objectives.
- Though the comprehensive understanding of the business strategy, evaluate existing and recommend new or revised ideas/concepts aimed at growing the business. Lead in the execution of the approved ideas/concepts.
- Develop and coordinate new and revised product launch or re-launch plans to ensure successful the achievement of envisioned benefits.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns for the assigned market segment to enhance brand visibility and drive growth in sales.
- Oversee the creation and management of sales and marketing collateral including brochures, advertisements, sales tools, mobile applications, websites, value-added services, and social media programs that generate leads and facilitate the selling process while being consistent with the branding strategy.
- Support the head of department in managing the human capital in the section through day to day supervision, performance management, training needs assessment and overall staff motivation.
Requirements for the Brand Manager Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- Membership to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- A least five (5) years’ experience in marketing or branding in a similar organisation.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems.
Competencies / Attributes
- A creative mind with a drive for execution of ideas and concepts for the benefit of the organisation.
- Developed project and event management skills.
- Self-starter able to work well within the team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- High level of integrity.
Relationships and working contacts
Internal – Commercial team, Corporate Affairs and Plant Operations.
External – Clients, suppliers, distributors, Agencies.
Work Environment: This is an office based role.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your updated CV with email & telephone contacts of three professional referees and the application letter quoting the Reference number & Title of the position as the subject to: The Human Resources Director, KWAL. Email: [email protected] to be received not later than November 15, 2016. Do not attach any certificates/scanned documents to your application. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. KWAL is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.