Quantity Surveyor, East Africa
Construction | Nairobi, Kenya
- Providing general cost planning and control advice for decision making.
- Formulating and updating all necessary tools for data collection, process planning, monitoring and control, and analyses.
- Carrying out life-cycle cost projections, estimations and computations for decision making
- Prescribing and constantly reviewing specifications, work methods, processes and procedures with a view towards maximizing cost efficiency.
- Carrying out cost computations, preparation of budget templates, budget reviews and updates
- Formulating, reviewing, monitoring and updating payment processes, procedures, controls and tools in consultation with the Finance Department.
- Reviewing and approving payment documentation including site documents, relevant procurement and accounting documents
- Determination and forecasting of construction costs including adjustment policy, planning and implementation.
- Determining periodic workload-based construction funds requirements as required for financial decision-making.
- Carrying out cost studies and surveys including cost comparatives, component/elemental cost analyses and real-time cost performance analyses.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Systems and formal standardisation orientation
- Problem solving/decision making
- Information gathering skills
- Analytical and interpretation skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
Specialist Knowledge Required:
Statistical analysis knowledge shall be an added advantage
Minimum 5 years experience in a busy and dynamic work environment.
Handled multiple projects in multiple locations concurrently.
Excellent knowledge of the Kenyan construction market.
Degree in Quantity Surveying.
Master’s degree in Construction Management or Project management shall be an added advantage.
Relevant Professional registration
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here