Senior Real Estate Officer, Kenya
Development | Nairobi, Kenya
Responsibilities (Functions And Duties)
Supervising a team of Real Estate Associates for the process of acquiring and vetting prospective plots within a region.
Visit the property and talk with people familiar with it. Obtain all relevant land information to determine an accurate value for specified plots in accordance with Bridge land acquisition standards.
Search public records for any additional information that may assist in making an appraisal, including records of previous sales, leases, assessments and other transactions.
Prepare a detailed report that includes a legal and physical description of the property, photographs, plans and explanation of the negotiated price.
Carry out negotiations for the purchase, sale and lease of land and property.
Attend various registries to obtain searches, green cards, maps, mutations and other relevant documentation to verify ownership.
The individual will need to have the competency of managing a sales team, coaching, mentoring and driving them to ensure the successful achievement of land acquisition budgets on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
Since the real estate sales team will be one of the first groups introducing a community to Bridge, the Real Estate Officer will be responsible for insuring that the company’s reputation amongst the community is enhanced and not hurt by the interactions of the team with potential vendors, etc.
Provide analysis on a timely basis as scheduled by Bridge International in order to facilitate the flow of adequate land acquisitions as required by our business plans
Analysing market conditions to insure we are staying current with market trends
Compiling data for financial reports
Maintaining records, reports and files
Provide accurate and concise real estate acquisitions on a timely basis
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant property acquisition and management experience
- Knowledgeable of informal settlements and how land transactions proceed in these areas
- Conversant with processes at the various lands registries
- Familiar with various types of conveyance documents
- Experience in dealing with sensitive issues regarding land
- Familiarity with Ms Word Excel and/or Access, a plus
- Familiarity with land surveying process, a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas concisely
- Active listening
- Problem solving/decision making
- Planning and organizing skills
- Information gathering skills
- Analytical and interpretation skills
- Decision making and judgment skills
- People management skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics or other Social Science or related discipline
Master Degree in business, economics or other Social Science or related discipline will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here