Do you believe that every child deserves the same quality of education no matter where they live, or who their parents are? Do you think that we need innovation in education? Do you want to challenge the status quo? Then join us!
Bridge is now the largest education organization in Africa and one of the fastest growing social enterprises in the world. We are looking for passionate, dedicated and energetic people to join our rapidly growing organization. If you believe in our mission and are looking for a fast-past, always changing working environment with room to grow and learn, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do
- Improve management accounts understandability by analysing operating expenses; monitoring variances; identifying trends and making relevant commentaries.
- Perform complex financial analyses, prepare related presentations and present results to the Finance Director including compilation and review of financial plans and budgets, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures and estimated income and expenses
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and recommending/making corrective entries in MS Dynamics.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing or updating quality analysis templates and developing related procedures.
- Monitor OPEX actual expenditures against budgets, analysing variances and periodically notifying the relevant departments on major differences.
- Adapt new developments in the field of finance planning and control. Utilize excel and other tools in the creation, display and reproduction of charts, graphs, and models.
- Act as a source of business intelligence by analysing data, identifying cost minimization and revenue maximization avenues, and highlighting the same to the business.
- Participate in monthly review meetings to discuss past and current year’s performance as reported in the management accounts.
- Assist in providing information required for investor/board reporting.
- Maintaining cost center structures and ensures data consistency across other systems.
- Maintain headcount dashboard for staff related cost analysis and budgeting.
- Validate accuracy of financial data and reports.
- Manage intercompany transactions and ensures proper balances
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA (K).
- Minimum 3 Years work experience.
- Highly analytical, with strong financial analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills.
- Good organization and presentation Skills
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills (Superior excel skills).
- Microsoft Dynamics (Navision)/ ERP Knowledge is an added advantage
- Self-motivated, methodical and proactive in accomplishing tasks.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind– You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver– Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate– Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here