Brighterlite Kenya, is seeking a Java programmer. The qualified candidate will be an integral part of the programming and development team and will have a firm grasp on the principles of computer science. The qualified candidate will be able to work in a very dynamic environment developing new applications and modifications to existing applications to support a variety of new business initiatives.
The qualified candidate must be willing to learn and grow as technological changes affect the environment. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform other related duties as assigned.
What skills are needed?
- Java (JSP)
- Experience with client side web applications
- MySQL 4.X, Apache Web Server 2.X, Tomcat 5.X
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under Supervision perform various Java software development tasks throughout the development lifecycle including: requirements gathering, data analysis, software design, database design, and software
Development, unit testing, QA testing, deployment, and documentation. Specifically:
- Develop or modify applications to solve complex system problems
- Direct all phases of development projects including definition, analysis and design
- Formulate and define application scope & objectives
- Provide recommendations and problem resolutions
- Be an integral part of the design, implementation, and maintenance of the development team
- Participate in technical discussions and/or presentations
- Write documentation of new or modified product features
How to Apply
Please submit resume via e-mail to [email protected] , no phone calls. This position will be open until filled.