Accountant (Bancassurance – Credit Control) Job at Britam, Kenya
- Reporting to the Financial Accountant-Credit control, the job holder is responsible for development and maintenance of adequate, accurate and reliable credit reports.
- She/he shall ensure bancassurance debtors are collected in the shortest time, ensure that compliance is above 75%, ensure that commissions due to agents and brokers are paid within agreed time and also ensure policies are cancelled on time.
Accountant Job Key Responsibilities
- Monthly reconciliation of debtor’s balances and preparation of debtors aging analysis report for bancassurance presentation during monthly credit control meetings.
- Proper utilization of SUN 5 in management of Accounts receivables and proper allocation of accounts codes and analysis codes;
- Timely reconciliations and analysis of bank accounts and other accounts as per allocation and filing of the accounts on a monthly basis for review;
- Reconciliation of all the old debtors account balances and recommending write offs or referral to debt collectors.
- Ensure accurate intermediaries statements. Analyze and reconcile all brokers and agents statements and provide the statements on monthly basis to all the stakeholders to facilitate collection.
- Following on the difficult accounts as recommended by sales team and credit control committee. Report progress to credit control committee with recommendations in cases of failure to pay;
- Responding to queries from brokers promptly, including settlement of brokers’ commissions.
- Highlight challenges facing the operating systems e.g. AIMS, errors noticed to be reported to the business ICT department immediately. SUN receivables to be tallied with debtors in other core systems.
- Ensure payments received is allocated and receipted appropriately and follow up with agents and brokers for allocation schedules.
- Provide leadership to subordinates through motivation and providing direction.
- Perform any other duties as may be directed from time to time by the Financial Accountant and the Credit Controller.
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge for Accountant Job
- Bachelors’ Degree in a business related field (Preferably Accounting/Finance option)
- Professional qualification CPA (K)
- 3–4 years’ experience in a similar position desirable.
- Sound knowledge of SUN Accounting systems with high proficiency in MS office suite.
- Experience and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Possess an innovative mind with a positive attitude to acquire new knowledge.
- Efficient and effective capture of accounting transactions;
- Accurate and up to date reconciliations and analysis of accounts;
- Ensure adherence to service level agreements especially in regard to commission’s payments and filing of Accounts.
How to Apply
Click here to apply