The role holder will be responsible for delivering Britam’s entire product portfolio by ensuring all products go to market strategies are achieved. Oversees development and implementation of support in the area of marketing, communications and public relations related to the product portfolio from a customer, revenue, innovation, existing products perspective. The role will report to the Group Commercial Director.
- Coordinate the marketing of Britam’s portfolio of products in all business units and channels with customer focus in mind, while ensuring customers’ needs are anticipated an inbuilt in products;
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of: a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program of all products across multiple channels;
- Initiate and coordinate the launch of new products and services together with the brand and marketing team and ensure successful go to market and market activation of products and services;
- Develop a solid implementation of a realistic go to market strategy for all products and services in collaboration with the marketing managers in the respective business units;
- Participate in developing products, initiatives which meet customer needs and expectations to ensure timely turnaround for the businesses;
- Ensure products are accessible through multiple channels and meet revenue targets through customized marketing campaigns to specified target market;
- Develop and execute channel and product strategies to capture value from existing products through effective growth stimulation and new product adoption;
- Manage the full go to market lifecycle for Britam Products while working with Product Development of product rationalization and performance reviews that lead to enhancements of existing products and retirement/ replacement of products that are neither profitable nor delivering retention and brand equity values to the business units;
- Work closely with Product Development team and Brand and Marketing team to ensure all product information is properly documented and approved within the defined framework;
- Map and optimize all processes to ensure end-to-end efficiency with focus on risk, fraud and customer experience;
- Ensure direct reports are achieving performance targets; and
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, with CIM qualification. MBA is an added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success;
- A background in product lifecycle development, management and service marketing with distribution experience within the Financial Services Industry (Banking and Finance/ Insurance), FMCG or Telecommunication Sector;
- Extensive experiences in developing and implementing go to market strategies for products and services with proven results;
- Significant experience in driving marketing across multi-product to service a variety of customer groups and sectors;
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media/agency; and
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Deciding and Initiating Action: Ensures key departmental objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focussing on achievement of departmental results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
- Leading and Supervising: Provides the department with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive departmental climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the department, promotes the organisational strategy during departmental conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of the department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the department’s impression and brand on others.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals within the department; sets and develops departmental strategies; identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the department’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long term view in terms of the department’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels in the department.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking: Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the department; maintains awareness of developments, changes, trends and possible risks in the department’s structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; ensure costs are monitored and controlled and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
- Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined departmental objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors departmental performance against deadlines and milestones.
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
with CIM qualification. MBA is an added advantage; Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product/service marketing
product lifecycle development
management and distribution.