Underwriting Supervisor Job at Britam, Kenya
Overall Job Purpose
- Reporting to the Assistant Underwriting Manager, the Underwriting Supervisor will be responsible for assisting in the management, administration, and the control of the Company’s underwriting operations to ensure profitable, quality and timely services.
Underwriting Supervisor Job Key Responsibilities
- Assess risks and make acceptable decisions after proper analysis of client’s data.
- Assist in ensuring that systems and procedures covering underwriting operations are adhered to.
- Provide leadership to the underwriting team under your section to ensure maximum and quality output.
- Technically review risks and sign policy documents.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of resources
- Ensure high standard of customer service
- Ensure supervision and guidance to underwriting team to ensure that we perform our work as per set objectives
- Ensure accurate capture of underwriting information in Aims.
- Ensure risk management measures such as risk surveys.
- Ensure adherence to high underwriting standards
- Continuously review of underwriting documents (Policy documents, Endorsements, Renewal confirmations and Debit notes) in analysis presentation and to ensure they meet Clients requirements/signing of documents
- Issuing and management of Motor Certificates.
- Ensure that team members respond to general underwriting enquiries.
- Ensure Renewal notices are sent in time
- Ensure timely processing of refund cheques
- Ensure good underwriting practice from the team members
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of underwriting documents
- Implement credit control policy and ensure that premiums are debited and collected as required
- Marketing company products and services to Bank intermediaries and potential clients.
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by Management.
Key Qualifications & Experience for Underwriting Supervisor JobBachelor’s degree in Business related field (Insurance option preferred);
Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII or AIIK)
- At least 4 years in busy commercial underwriting environment or experience in handling Bancassurance business.
Competencies & Requirements
- Computer proficiency;
- Risk assessment skills
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of general Insurance products
- Good marketing and consumer relations skills;
- Self-starter, enthusiastic and reliable;
- Be a team player.
Key Performance Standards & Areas
- Ensure Renewal Retention at the highest level.
- Issue policy documents within 14 days from receipt of full documentation.
- Issue policy endorsements within 7 days from receipt of documentation.
- Dispatch renewal notices – two months in advance.
- Respond to client queries promptly.
- Proper risk evaluation to ensure low loss ratio;
- Review and sign policy document as per agreed SLA.
How to Apply
Click here to apply