Reports To:Manager, Operations Life
The purpose of the job is to drive company revenue through collections of premiums, promote the data integrity of the system by ensuring accurate and timely processing of premiums in the system, support company persistence targets by ensuring all premiums collectable are collected to maintain policies in force and delivering customer satisfaction by providing accurate customers records on premiums payments.
- Ensuring the premium income targets are achieved through efficient and effective premium collection methods.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the direct debit premium collection method is efficient, effective and running smoothly.
- Ensure smooth running of check off systems of premiums collection.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the M-pesa premiums collection is efficient, effective and running smoothly.
- Ensure smooth processing of loan repayments into the respective policies.
- Monitor all reconciliations of premiums collections and giving out management reports.
- Build relationships with all premium collection intermediaries including banks and check off institutions.
- Driving automation of processes of premiums processing to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Provide information and reports to the front office and customer relationship department for easy of communication to customers.
- Standardizing, coordinating and checking compliance of premium processing guidelines in the entire company.
- Ensure that all premium data bases are maintained updated.
- Manage premium suspense levels both general suspense and policy suspense.
- Authorize premiums rebates and premium refunds within the set service level agreements.
- Establish SLAs with various stakeholders for premium processing and ensure adherence thereto
- Supervising and appraising staff within the premium administration function and identifying their training and development needs
- Performs any other duties assigned by the management.
Key Performance Measures
- Timely processing of premiums
- Timely reports
- Maintain data integrity
- Reduction and management of suspense
- Timely and accurate premium processing.
- Assist in achieving a persistency.
- Responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
- Britam customers
- Insurance sector players
- Check off institutions.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field. Master’s Degree an added advantage.
- 7- 10 years’ experience in insurance; 3-4 of which should be in a managerial capacity.
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII or AIIK)
- Core Competencies
- Communication skills
- Building Relationships
- Focuses on the Customers
- Develops Self
- Solves Problems
- Develops others
- Manages Quality and Risk
- Managing Change and Ambiguity
- Managing and Executing Strategy
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Knowledge of insurance industry and concepts
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
Friday, May 27, 2016
A Bachelor degree in Business; ACII