Reporting to the Assistant Underwriting Manager, the Underwriting Assistant will be responsible for assisting in underwriting and risk assessment within set standards of service to ensure quality and timely services.
• Assist in risk assessment and decision making after proper analysis of client’s data.
• Ensuring that systems and procedures covering underwriting operations are adhered to.
• Efficient and effective use of the company resources.
• Maintain high standard level of customer service- responding to general underwriting enquires-walk-in clients, telephone and emails.
• Assist in timely and accurate processing of underwriting documents.
• Liaise with intermediaries and direct clients on issues relating to their policies.
• Assist in the implementation of credit control policy and ensuring that premiums are debited and collected as required
• Assist in marketing company products and services to potential clients.
• Perform any other duties as may be requested by Management
Key Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Business related degree
• Progress towards attaining professional qualification in Insurance (ACII or AIIK)
• One (1) year underwriting insurance experience
• Good analytical skills
• Computer knowledge
• Good communication skills
• Good understanding of general Insurance products
Closing Date: Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline
progress towards attaining professional qualification in Insurance (CII or IIK).
Click here to apply