SCOPE OF WORK
The position reports to the Financial Account and is tasked with among others, timely receipting of both ordinary life and pension premiums in order to achieve effective and reliable results in line with company policies and operating principles. The incumbent is also required to execute any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Receipting premiums in IGAS, AIMS and ERP Systems.
- Timely and accurate daily banking of receipted premiums.
- Preparation of daily banking and receipting reports.
- Liaise with relevant departments in identification and receipting of EFTs, RTGS, DDA, MPESA, standing orders and other relevant payment methods.
- Maintenance and accounting of company petty cash.
- Advising relevant departments on reversal of premiums for bounced cheques.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures on receipting, banking and premium processing among other company procedures.
- Suspense clearance of tills on daily basis.
- Follow up with the sales team and IT on the uncreated new policies in ERP.
- Perform any other assigned duties/responsibilities.
Key Relationships & Interfaces
- Customer Service Department.
- Agency/Branch Offices.
- Underwriting department
- Ordinary Life Sales (Check-off).
- Direct customers
- Accuracy in premiums posting and suspense reporting
- Accuracy and reliability in premium receipting
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- Excellent client services.
- Bachelors degree in a business related field
- Minimum CPA Part 1
- Good analytical skills and decision making with keen attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator.
- Creative, innovative and result-oriented.
- Sound understanding of all the major modes of premium payment( Direct Debits,check-offs,efts etc) life insurance products and customers’ needs among others
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of iGas and ERP
Friday, January 27, 2017
Bachelors degree in a business related field; CPA Part I