We are seeking to fill several vacancies across our branch network to meet our recruitment and productivity targets across the board in line with the newly launched 2016-2020 Go for Gold Strategy. The applicants should be focused, self-driven and proactive. They should have experience in recruiting and developing a high calibre team capable of meeting their individual and company targets. The individual should also be good at selling insurance products and other financial services and will also be expected to sell and meet a given personal target. The main role of a Unit Manager will be to ensure that high production targets are met through a team of Financial Advisors and his/her personal production.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Identify, recruit and retain high calibre financial advisors and meet the unit recruitment requirements.
- Develop a high calibre, highly motivated, disciplined and productive team of 15 or more capable of meeting their individual and company targets.
- To achieve the Unit’s new business API (Annual Premium Income) target for life business and GWP (Gross Written Premiums) targets for other lines of business. (The company’s minimum target for each Financial Advisor is three different products per client per financial advisor per month).
- Ensure that the Unit’s persistency for life business and renewal/retention business for other product lines are above the set minimum threshold.
- Meet and exceed product mix targets allocated to the unit on all lines of business.
- Co-ordinate, supervise and motivate Financial Advisors in the unit and ensure that company policies and procedures are observed and performance standards regarding profitability and efficiency are attained within the set deadlines.
- Effectively provide field training for all Financial Advisors in the Unit.
- Train and assist Financial Advisors in cross-selling and upselling of Britam products to clients.
- Promote and project in all sales activity a high degree of professionalism within the unit.
- To ensure that the products that are sold by Financial Advisors are aligned to the needs of the customer, and that there are no cases of misselling.
- To ensure that Financial Advisors comply with all company and industry regulations governing the profession.
- To ensure that Financial Advisors in their Units achieve their set KPI’s by setting and agreeing KPIs, and evaluating performance regularly against the set KPIs, and thereafter make appropriate recommendations.
- Accept and implement to the best of his/her capability all lawful instructions issued by any authorized member of the Company.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional qualifications in areas such as education, marketing, economics or finance and accounting with a strong flair for sales;
- Computer literate (evidence required);
- Proven experience and success as a team manager in insurance sales will be a definite advantage;
- A high sales drive and a strong will to succeed with ability to manage others;
- Mature, confident, articulate and with strong communication skills;
- Results oriented with ability to work under strict deadlines and meet sales targets;
- Well groomed, presentable and strong interpersonal skills;
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance will be an added advantage.
If this position is of interest to you, please email your detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter explaining how you would meet the demands of this challenging position giving full names and contacts of 3 referees to email@example.com
Indicate on the subject the vacancy you are applying for and the branch you might be willing to work from. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.