Few companies founded in 1902 are still going from strength to strength. Fewer still are leaders in more than 55 markets. And with one billion adult smokers around the world, we manufacture the cigarettes chosen by around one in eight of them. We take our business and our impact very seriously. We know the tobacco industry is a controversial one, and so it’s all the more important that we act responsibly, from the sourcing of tobacco leaf right through to how we market our products to adult consumers. Global to local Our business operates at a local, as well as global, level. We don’t own tobacco farms or directly employ farmers. More than 1,000 BAT leaf technicians worldwide support some 90,000 contracted farmers worldwide. We are a part of many local communities – both large and small – around the world, and in many countries we are the top employer and the company of choice for people employed at every stage of our supply chain. In 2015, we sold 663 billion cigarettes, made in 44 factories in 41 countries. We employ more than 50,000 people worldwide, with many more indirectly employed through our supply chain. British American Tobacco alone contributed approximately £30 billion to governments worldwide in excise and other taxes in 2015. Acting responsibly We take pride in the responsible way that our businesses are run. And the recognition and awards we’ve received over the decades show it’s not just us who think we’re doing the right thing. We were the first tobacco company to be included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index in 2002 – and we’ve been included every year since. We know that in order to continue our success and grow our business we need to operate sustainably. And that will depend on us satisfying not only our shareholders, but also our many other stakeholders.
The Technical Executive is the Mechanical Plant Maintenance systems owner and is ultimately responsible for eliminating maintenance and breakdown related losses at the lowest cost. The Technical Executive is responsible for building capability in Operating Teams and Equipment Owners to deliver overall plant results supporting the Business Objectives.
- Own mechanical Maintenance Planning and Scheduling for the Plant including breakdwon elimination
- Drive the delivery of breakthrough results in Planned and Unplanned Downtime
- Ensure the revision and updating of “Maintenance Technical Documentation” occurs as necessary
- Develop and update annual maintenance plan for the plant in area of responsibility.
- Ensure machine settings are well done to improve product quality, minimise waste and reduce downtime hence increasing productivity.
- Carry out Risk assessments for both Company Staff and Contractors during maintenance and ensuring that safety is observed.
- Support Project execution for Green Leaf Threshing projects.
- Ensure machines are back to full production capacity and quality – Machine ramp up after maintenance.
- Ensure root cause analysis for machine breakdowns/downtimes is carried out and documented.
- Perform hands-on coaching of the team and inspire the team by acting as a role model
- Minimum Diploma in mechanical, a degree in Mechanical engineering will be an added advantage
- 5 years working experience in a Fast moving consumer goods environment
- Good Understanding of Knowledge of GLT (Green Leaf Threshing) operations
- Good Interpersonal skills: Effective communication and influencing skills
- Proven Leadership skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to British American Tobacco (BAT) career website on krb-xjobs.brassring.com to apply