Operations Finance Manager, SSA Job at British Council, Kenya
- The Operations Finance Manager will provide management direction on all aspects of Management Accounting and Financial Accounting across the region, in addition to supporting some business as usual projects.
- The post holder will be a key member of the regional finance leadership team.
- He/she will be expected to provide guidance and support to finance colleagues across the region. This is a pivotal role that will be accountable to the Regional Finance Director, SSA and responsible for the delivery of effective operational finance leadership across the region.
- He/she will need to be comfortable with a highly visible role, during a period of significant change in the region, and the wider global finance team.
- He/she will have a broad base of finance experience, and/or worked in an international setting. The post holder must also display an understanding of the organisations aims and the ability to connect with operational colleagues.
Operations Finance Manager Job Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Manage and implement change to accounting and reporting requirements and promote compliance.
- Implement best practice techniques and find opportunities to demonstrate examples of ‘value-add’ analysis. Recommending cost management/ reduction opportunities.
- Ensure robust financial and management accounting across the region Cash-flow reporting oversight and improvements recommendation.
- Professional advice on financial matters and advising on ways to improve performance.
Interpreting and communicating financial information to finance and non-finance staff on treatment of transaction.Confirm the consistent financial treatment of direct and indirect costs, capital and revenues shown in standard period reports for the region with management reports.
- Ensure countries complete all balance sheet and income reconciliations as per corporate guidelines and timetables. Maintain integrity of financial information and accounting records.
- Escalation of any inconsistency of accounting treatment and records for resolution.
- Support the regional workings, training, knowledge sharing and events relating to relevant activities.
How to Apply
Click here to apply