Purpose Of Job
Contribute to an efficient and effective internal audit department through playing a key role in supporting British Council in the management of risk and achievement of objectives. This will include performing all aspects of internal audit assignments (planning, fieldwork & reporting), in support of the annual audit opinion of the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control processes that exist throughout the organisation.
Context And Environment
The internal audit department is a globally diverse team with teams in London, Hong Kong and Nairobi (total of 13 Full Time Employees). The department follows a risk-based approach to audit and conducts both country audits and audits of specific risk areas (Program Assurance, Technology/IS, thematic audits etc.) .
It delivers a comprehensive, independent and objective audit service to the organisation, whilst ensuring this is achieved in a customer-orientated manner which is in accordance with the British Council values.
Accountabilities, Responsibilities And Main Duties
- Responsible for conducting and/or leading the preparation, planning, execution and reporting of risk-based audits (including country audits)
- Input into the development of the risk-based audit plan
- Providing both verbal and written recommendations for improvements to Country, Regional and Functional Management
- Delivery of high quality work and the production of excellent working papers and summaries of information.
- Preparing (draft) reports, assisting the managers and other members in the team.
- The performance of ad hoc assignments as required (e.g. investigations, advisory engagements)
- Liaising at all levels of the organisation including senior management
- Undertaking administrative travel arrangements (for self and team)
- Previous (4 years or more) in an Auditor or middle management role with exposure to a mixed portfolio of clients.
- Strong experience of risk based audit and internal audit practices
- Operating in international and multi-cultural organisation
- A professional accountancy or internal audit qualification is required and other relevant professional qualification e.g. CFE.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here