A vacancy has arisen at the British High Commission for Director of UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) in Kenya.
This is an exciting, challenging and high profile opportunity at the British High Commission in Nairobi.
This position is a two years fixed term contract.
The position is graded at C4 (L) for which the current salary scale starts at Kshs. 317,293 per month before deduction of tax.
Where the jobholder is not liable to Kenyan tax, the scale will be abated under HM Treasury rules and starts at Kshs. 228,497 per month to take account of the tax they would have paid.
Main purpose of job: To lead the Nairobi UK Trade and Investment team to build the commercial relationship between the UK and Kenya, supporting UK firms in Kenya and Kenyan firms looking to establish or expand in the UK, and contribute to the cross-Government growth and prosperity agenda.
Essential skill / experience on arrival:
- Strong understanding of Kenyan market;
- At least 5 years work experience in international / Kenyan / East African trade and investment issues;
- Management experience: particularly delivering through others;
- Bachelors degree;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
Desirable: Experience of working in the private sector in Kenya; oil and gas sector knowledge.
How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted by email.
For more details on this position and on how to apply kindly visit our website: www.gov.uk/government/world/kenya
The closing date is 20 November 2015 and no further applications will be accepted after this date.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Kenya with the correct visa/status or work permit;
- The British High Commission in Nairobi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference;
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nairobi are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Kenya;
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff, are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates;
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.