The Estates Managers will join the BHC Joint Corporate Services Team to lead the Estates Team and manage the large BHC estates (over 90 properties). The job will be split to ensure each person manages half of the BHC estate.
Responsibilities for the Estate Manager Job
- This is a senior managerial and leadership role within the BHC’s Joint Corporate Services Team (JCST). The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate that they can lead a busy team, motivate staff, delegate responsibilities and meet tight deadlines.
- Property Acquisition & Lease Negotiation
- Identifying suitable new residential properties, negotiating and liaising on contracts and property improvements with landlords
- Secretariat to the Housing Committee, providing recommendations on allocations for consideration
- Oversight of Contractors
- Overseeing various contracts including office gardening, lift maintenance, pest control, water delivery, air conditioning, generator maintenance, fire equipment and borehole services, with the assistance of the Deputy Estates Manager
- Technical Works Group (TWG) Liaison
- Coordinating within the Technical Works Group (TWG) and contractors on maintenance and works planning for all owned and rented properties, including the preparation of properties to meet the housing needs of new arrivals
- Resources managed (staff and expenditure): Directly line managing one staff member each
Qualifications for the Estate Manager Job
- A background in Estates or Project Management work.
- Extensive experience of developing good working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and initiative, as well as good customer service skills.
- Proficient written and spoken English
- Required competencies
- Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
How to Apply
Click here to apply. Application deadline 6 February 2017