Plumber Job at The British High Commission (88K)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow. Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of Job
To provide technical support on property issues, health and safety issues, and provision of routine maintenance to BHC and its large residential estate. He/she should be able to work under pressure with a view to meeting deadlines and staff expectations. It is important that the candidate can demonstrate good self-management and organisational skills.
Responsibilities for the Plumber Job
- Do plumbing test & inspect including completion of testing and inspection sheets
- Report fully to your supervisor of any problems encountered on site
- To assist the onsite TWG team in the completion of tasks in a timely fashion and to a high standard
- Be familiar with the required Health & Safety standards governing the plumbing role
- Carry out plumbing maintenance and repairs to the British High Commission and our large residential estate.
- Maintenance of Chiller plants and or Air Conditioning.
- Installation and repair of domestic plumbing and borehole pumps, booster pumps pressure tanks and Geysers.
- He/she will be on an out of hours on call rota.
- 24 hour cover is often required
Qualifications for the Plumber Job
- Working knowledge and experience of both Industrial and Domestic plumbing works. (Preferably Government – trade test 1).
- Hold a current driving licence and be a safe competent driver (accident free for three years)
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Certificate in plumbing from a recognised government institution
- Prior experience of maintenance of Chiller plants and/0r Air Conditioning would be would be advantageous.
- Customer focused
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Application deadline 21 March 2017