Project Officer Jobs at British High Commission, Kenya
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
A vacancy has arisen at the British Embassy for a Project Officer B3 (L) the role is based in Nairobi but will require travel to Mogadishu. This is a 1 year renewable contract.
Project Officer Main Job Purpose in Kenya
- To oversee specific Counter Terrorism projects using programme and project management (PPM) skills to design proposals, manage implementation, monitor project expenditure, and deliver value for money (VFM) within an overall Programme.
- Particular emphasis is on delivery via contract management skills and maintaining detailed project plans, developing and maintaining mechanisms to monitor spend vs. forecast.
Role and Responsibility:
- Contract Management: initiation and completion of procurement/ tender processes, drafting of contracts and Terms of Reference including liaison with implementers, subject matter experts (SMEs) and stakeholders,
- Financial management; monitoring and managing of budgets, development of mechanisms to monitor and regularly review spend ensuring value for money
- Document management: ensure adherenace and complete sanctions processes, gifting pro-formas, and provide updates/ amendments/additions to existing project documentation
- Programme reporting: design, management and monitoring of various work strands (quality, budget, risk, and timelines) and assist in the drafting of programme bids and Oversees Security and Justice Assistance (OSJAs) documents
Administration support as required
Policy management and collaboration
- Engagement with policy experts and colleagues on aspects of project delivery ensuring collaboration between project strands
- Ensure project files are maintained in line with Information Management policies and procedures
- Ensure project finances are recorded and reported as required
Resources managed (staff and expenditure)
- The job holder will also be responsible for financial management of the programme budget.
Essential qualifications and experience for Project Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Experience of working in a project or programme environment particularly financial and budget management skills.
- The role requires fluency in written and spoken english.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Previous experience of project management wold be an advantage
How to Apply
Click here to apply