Job Ref.: CAS-267641
As the successful candidate, you would be expected to teach British curriculum Geography from Years 3 to 8 and also to oversee PE and Games.
All pupils at the school, a day-school, are expected to sit the Common Entrance examination in Year Eight before proceeding to secondary schools in Kenya or Britain.
You would supervise our team of part-time sports’ coaches, work alongside our head of girls’ sport and other teachers involved in supervising, and take charge of the sports’ timetable.
You would organise fixtures with other international schools for all our teams and take a full role in organising such tournaments that we may be required to host.
You would also organise our annual swimming gala.
In addition, you would also be expected to supervise activity trips that would require a sacrifice of some weekends and holiday time.
- Experience of teaching in a British curriculum school is preferred, as is experience in coaching at least two of the following: cricket, hockey, football, athletics, rugby.
- Familiarity with the Common Entrance syllabus would be an advantage, but not a prerequisite.
- The position would suit a self-reliant candidate who subscribes to traditional values and would appreciate a school that, by modern standards, is proudly idiosyncratic.
How to Apply
- If you meet the above criteria, send your CV and a cover letter that clearly explains your suitability for the role; with 3 referees to [email protected] (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
- If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile. Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted NOTE: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews