Bible Translation & Literacy (EA)
Opportunity to Serve
BTL, a Christian faith-based organization, involved in Language Development, Bible Translation, Literacy and Community Development among minority languages of Kenya is seeking to recruit highly motivated born again Christians with a good Christian standing, demonstrated spiritual maturity, team player, innovative, integrity and a calling to serve to fill the positions below
1. Chef De Partie / Head Cook
In the absence of the sous chef, he/she shall be in charge of all the kitchen operations (Production, Service and Controls) in our Christian International Conference Center (BTL CICC Ruiru)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Diploma in food production or catering management from a recognised hospitality institution.
- Basic computer skills (Ms word, access and excel)
- Three years’ experience working in a busy kitchen. Having worked in a busy ala cart kitchen or having knowledge in pastry or bakery is an added advantage
- One year in the same position as a head cook (Chef De Partie) and above in a recognised hotel
To serve in our Christian International Conference Center (BTL CICC Ruiru)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Wash, cut and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas
- Measure and mix ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers or griddles
- Prepare and serve beverages such as coffee, fresh juices and fountain drink
- Verity that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Portion, arrange, garnish and serve orders to customers at windows, counters, buffet or tables
- At least certificate in food production from a recognized institution.
- Two year work experience in a busy restaurant.
- Have a valid food handlers certificate
- Conversant with use of new cooking equipment in the hotel industry.
- Upto date on new cooking trends in the hospitality.
3. Ogiek Bible Translator
The Translator shall be responsible for translating Scriptures in the Ogiek Language in a natural, clear, and accurate manner
He/she shall work closely with the Translation Specialists, the Local Church, Local Community and other relevant Stakeholders.
- A First Degree in Theology or Biblical Studies is preferred or a diploma in Biblical Studies with work experience.
- Any other degree or diploma in Social sciences may be considered
- Minimum C plain in KCSC
- Introductory Course to Translation Principles (ICTP) certificate will be an added advantage
- Excellent speaker of Ogiek language
- Good Computer Skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
How to Apply
Applications with a detailed CV, copies of certificates, and three referees (Professional, Social and Church), Office and mobile telephone contacts for both applicant and referees be emailed (preferred) or sent to the address below by Friday 23rd December 2016
Human Resources Manager Bible Translation and Literacy. P.O Box 44456-00100 Nairobi
Email: [email protected]