Budget Officer Job At IEBC, Kenya
Budget Officer Job Responsibilities
- Assist the Manager – Budget in the preparation of annual and MTEF budget;
- Collate Regional, Constituency and Directorates budgets and consolidate into one master budget;
- Assist Directorates in the preparation of their annual and projects/programme budgets;
- Assist in the Management of the budgetary process;
- Follow up with Treasury for exchequer releases;
- Assist in budgetary control to ensure Directories, Regions and the Commission as a whole operate
- Assistant to the Manager – Budget.
Qualifications For Budget Officer Job
- Degree in Economics, Commerce (Accounting or Finance), Statistics, Mathematics, Business
- Administration with CPA, ACCA or equivalent from a reputable University.
- Professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, and CFA will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy and a working knowledge of Financial Management Systems such as SAP, ACCPAC,
Navision, IFMIS, Sun System or equivalent.
- At least three (3years’ experience in financial management or accounting in a busy organization.
- Knowledge of Government budgetary process.
- Knowledge of Government financial regulations and procedures.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation, advocacy, oral and written communication skills.
In addition to the qualifications set above, the applicants must further meet and get the following clearances:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board.
- Professional bodies (where applicableto which the applicant belongs eg LSK, ICPAK, AAK, IEK etc.
- Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd or Metropol Credit Reference Bureau.
All shortlisted applicants may be subjected by the Commission to a security clearance by National Intelligence Service (NIS).
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their duly completed application together with up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, email and telephone contacts of three (3referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience. Applicants must indicate the Job title on the top left corner of the envelope. Those applying for constituency or Regional positions must also indicate the Region or Constituency on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications and supporting documents shall be: Hand delivered to the IEBC CEO/CS, 6th Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi: and/or Send via Post Office to Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC), P O Box 45371-00100, Nairobi, Kenya. Applications must reach IEBC by 30th September 2016