Tourism Assistant Kenyan Job At Bungoma County
Tourism Assistant 1 Job Group “K” (9 Posts)
Tourism Assistant Job Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Identifying and documenting Tourism products
- Identifying community based tourism projects
- Promoting existing tourist attractions through advertising campaigns, developing promotional literature including artwork, writing press releases and copy for tourism guides/newsletters
- Organizing special and seasonal events and festivals
- Providing support, guidance and sometimes administering funding for local tourism-related business and advising new tourism businesses
- Creativity and innovative strategic thinking along with good PR and marketing skills.
Requirements For Tourism Assistant Job
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Served for a minimum period ofsix (6), three (3) years of which as Tourism Assistant 11 or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector
- A Diploma in any of the following: Tourism, Hospitality Management, Tour Guide, Travel. Tour Operations or their equivalent from a recognized Institution
- Degree in any of the following: Tourism, Hospitality Management, Tour Guide, Travel.Tour Operations or their equivalent from a recognized Institution and
- A certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution preferably in web design
Terms of service:
- Permanent and Pensionable.
How to Apply
- Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V), Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identification Card or Passport and any other supporting documents should be submitted in sealed envelope, to reach the undersigned on or before Friday, 10th June, 2016 at 5pm.
- The Secretary County Public Service Board P.O BOX 2489-50200 BUNGOMA
- Hand delivered applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board Offices located next to the Governor’s Office