Assistant Livestock Production Officer III Jobs at Busia County
Job Group ‘H’
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
Assistant Livestock Production Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out practical demonstrations relating to livestock production;
- Collecting and collating livestock data and information; accompanying extension teams during farm visits and farmer trainings;
- Participating in field days and agricultural shows to disseminate livestock production technologies and information;
- Collecting and collating livestock data and information for gross margins, market access and planning;
- Participating in collaborative research activities; collecting livestock inputs and products samples for analysis;
- Advising farmers on group formation, construction of farm structures and equipment.
Requirements for the Assistant Livestock Production Officer Job
- Diploma in any of the following fields: – Animal Production, Dairy Science and Technology, Animal Science, Agribusiness, Animal Health and Production, Farm Management, Apiculture or Range/Natural Resource
- Management from a recognised Training Institution;
- Certificate in computer applications.
How to Apply
Terms of employment: permanent and pensionable
Please NOTE that shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions:
- The Criminals Investigations Department (CID)
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and
- The Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
Busia County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications specifying the positions applied for, attach copies of their credentials and send them to the undersigned on or before 3RD May, 2017:
BUSIA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O PRIVATE BAGA-50400
Details of duties and requirements can be found on our website www.busiacounty.go.ke and in all Sub County headquarters in Busia County.