The Busia County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in the Department of Health and Sanitation in accordance with Article 235 (1) (b) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 59 (1) (b) of the County Governments Act, 2012.
Assistant Public Health Officer III
Job Group ‘H’
An officer at this level will provide environmental health extension services in the area of deployment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mobilizing, sensitizing and advising communities on matters related to environmental health;
- Referring health cases to relevant health facilities;
- Carrying out immunization;
- Identifying environmental health issues at community level;
- Organizing community health days to advice communities on common public health issues;
- Collecting and maintaining up to date records of services rendered;
- Assessing the needs of the community;
- Implementing vector, vermin and rodent control measures; and
- Implementing integrated mosquito control strategies
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, a candidate must be;
- Kenyan citizen;
- Posses a Diploma in either Environmental Health Science or Public Health Inspection from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Application skills from a recognized institution and
- Be registered by relevant Professional bodies
Terms: Permanent and Pensionable.
How to Apply
Applicants are expected to specify the positions applied for. All applications should be addressed to The Secretary,
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box Private Bag – 50400,
Busia, Kenya and should reach on or before 16th October, 2015.