Busia County Jobs Laboratory Technologist (6 Posts)
Pursuant to Article 235 1 (b) of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and sec.59 1 (b) of the County Government Act, the county Government of Busia wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in various Departments as given below:
This is the entry grade into the Medical Laboratory Technologists, Diploma level. Work at this level will be of limited scope and complexity and will be carried out under the guidance of a senior officer.
Specific duties will include offering analysis of specimens, Reagents preparations and other laboratory services in a clinical laboratory; blood transfusion services or Division of Vector Borne& Neglected Tropical Diseases or in Forensic and Pathology Laboratory.
Requirements for the Laboratory Technologist Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- In possession of the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C (Plain) or its equivalent qualification with at least C in Biology or Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Physical Science, English or Kiswahili and C (plain] in Mathematics or Physics;
- In possession of a Diploma Certificate in Medical Laboratory Sciences from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
- Registered by Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
- In possession of a valid practicing license issued by KMLTTB and;
- In possession of a certificate in computer skills from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrate understanding of the commitment of the National values and principles of Public Service Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010, Articles 10 and 232
How to Apply
Applicants are expected to specify the positions applied for. All applications should reach the undersigned on or before 16th January, 2017:
Busia County Public Service Board,
P. O. Private Bag, 50400,
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Busia County is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages applications from women and persons with special needs