Medical Laboratory Tech Job At Busia County In Kenya
Pursuant to Article 235 1 (b) of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and sec.59 1 (b) of the County Government Act, the county Government of Busia wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in various Departments as given below:
Chief Medical Laboratory Technologists, Job Group â€˜Mâ€™ (4) Positions
Medical Laboratory Tech JobÂ Responsibilities
The specific duties will be to oversee service delivery in the following areas, among other.
- Implementing laboratory policies, guidelines, strategies and programs;
- Preparing media for culture and sensitivity testing;
- Requisitioning for laboratory consumables and apparatus;
- Investigating disease outbreaks in liaison with other health care providers;
- Archiving specimens of medical importance for reference;
- Mentoring and coaching trainees on practical attachment;
- Coordinating the preparation of reagents, stains, and examining specimens;
- Verifying and approving results;
- Screening for blood transfusion transmissible infections;
- Preparing blood products;
- Preparing operational research proposals;
- Supervising the disinfection, washing and sterilizing of apparatus;
- Maintaining equipment and reagents for vector and insecticides application, monitoring and evaluation;
- Preparing periodical reports; and
- Validating and calibrating equipments.
Requirements ForÂ Medical Laboratory Tech JobsÂ
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have;
- In possession of a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
- Registered by Kenya Medical Laboratory technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB);
- In possession of a valid practicing license issued by KMLTTB;
- Certificate in supervisory skills course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in a work performance and results;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
- In possession of a certificate in computer skills from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrate understanding of the commitment of the National values and principles of Public Service
- Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010, Article 10 and 232
Terms of service:
- Permanent and Pensionable
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â
- Busia County is an equal Opportunity Employer. Persons With Disabilities (PWD), Women, Youth and Minority Groups are encouraged to apply. Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 13th May, 2016.
- The Secretary/CEO, County Public Service Board, Private Bag â€“ 50400, BUSIA (K).
- Hand delivered applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board offices, Port Victoria Plaza, 2nd Floor, next to the Ministry of Energy along Hospital Road (1km from Farmiew Hotel).