Specialized Nursing Care – Nephrology Nurse Jobs at Busia County
Job Group “K”
Work at this level involves working with both pediatric and adult patients with kidney disease. The nephrology nurse working in a dialysis unit will be involved in delivery of primary care, secondary care and case management of patients.
Nurse Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with dialysis treatment in hospital settings based on patient preferences and capabilities
- Maintain inventory and care of dialysis equipment
- Substantial ability to operate dialysis equipment
- Assessment of patients and development of care plan in collaboration with other members of the health care team
- Identification of risk factors
- Patient and family education with regard to treatment protocols to help manage expectations
- Provision of nursing care prior to, during and post dialysis treatment and
- Implementing interventions and preparing periodic reports.
Requirements for the Nurse Job
- Worked in a busy renal care unit for a minimum period of two (2) years
- Diploma in the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing,
- Kenya registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental
- Health and Psychiatry qualification from a recognized institution
- Higher Diploma in Kenya Registered Nephrology Nursing from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid practicing licence from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
How to Apply
Terms of employment: permanent and pensionable
Please NOTE that shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions:
- The Criminals Investigations Department (CID)
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and
- The Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
Busia County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications specifying the positions applied for, attach copies of their credentials and send them to the undersigned on or before 3RD May, 2017:
BUSIA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O PRIVATE BAGA-50400
Details of duties and requirements can be found on our website www.busiacounty.go.ke and in all Sub County headquarters in Busia County.