The Busia County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in the Department of Health and Sanitation in accordance with Article 235 (1) (b) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 59 (1) (b) of the County Governments Act, 2012.
Job Group ‘H’
Nutrition Officer will work under the Guidance of a Senior Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties will be to oversee service delivery in the following areas, among others
Implementing nutrition program;
- Providing nutrition services in the healthcare facilities;
- Conducting nutrition services;
- Collecting and compiling nutrition data;
- Providing nutrition health education and demonstration;
- Counseling patients with specific nutrition needs;
- Monitoring and preparation of therapeutic feeds;
- Implementing outpatient and inpatient supplementary and therapeutic feeding program;
- Promoting maternal, infant and young children feeding programs;
- Providing micronutrient supplementation and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a holder of a Diploma in Nutrition from a recognized medical Training College;
- Holder of KCSE mean grade ‘C’ or its equivalent;
- Be registered by the Kenya Nutrition Dietetics Institute (KNDI) and
Terms: Permanent and pensionable.
How to Apply
Applicants are expected to specify the positions applied for. All applications should be addressed to The Secretary,
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box Private Bag – 50400,
Busia, Kenya and should reach on or before 16th October, 2015.