The Busia County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in the Department of Health and Sanitation in accordance with Article 235 (1) (b) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 59 (1) (b) of the County Governments Act, 2012.
Job Group “H”
The Orthopaedic Technologist will work under the guidance of a Senior Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties will include the following among others.
- Providing Orthopaedic Services to patients.
- Fitting of mobility appliances physically disabled
- Processing, verifying and maintaining information relating to patients.
- Report writing
- Disability assessment
- Community Based Rehabilitation
- Safeguard and maintain equipment and appliances.
- Performing administrative duties.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a holder of a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), mean grade C or its equipment.
- Be a holder of a Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology from a recognized Medical Training College.
- Be registered by the National Association of Orthopaedic Technologist.
Terms: Permanent & Pensionable.
How to Apply
Applicants are expected to specify the positions applied for. All applications should be addressed to The Secretary,
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box Private Bag – 50400,
Busia, Kenya and should reach on or before 16th October, 2015.