Vacancy: IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analytics & Support – Providing Business systems expertise in identifying and designing improvements on application(s) or database system(s) for Retail (POS), Supply Chain management, Business Intelligence, CRM, HRIS and Accounting.
IT strategy development & implementation – Work with senior management team and various system users to define functional and non-functional requirements; Execute IT Business analysis work on project enhancements and operational items.
This would include Business Analysis, Business Requirements Definition, Business Solution Design, Functional Specification & Acceptance Criteria. Source, configure and rollout solutions; manage all solutions providers, consultants or service contracts; ensure users receive adequate training and ongoing support to guarantee optimal ROI on technology investments.
IT Service Centre management – Develop internal IT service level agreements(SLA) and ensure Farm Shop Hardware and Software systems are operating at/or above targeted KPI levels at all times; oversee Farm Shop IT team performance, providing clear guidance on assignments, managing performance reviews, etc. (The IT Business Analyst will initially have two direct reports).
IT Project Management – Complete project initiation documentation(PID) including but not limited to: project charters, Project Budgets, business requirements, process flow diagrams, issues logs, work plans, QA test plans and training materials. Lead proof of concept demonstrations for key stakeholders to gain early alignment and ensure 3rd party service level agreements are met.
Systems Administration – Cross-train and serve in backup administrator role for all Farm Shop IT systems. Manage systems upgrades, Tech time tracking and reporting, license management, systems security, auditing and functional training for Farm Shop Super users.
Retail POS Expert & Support – Partner closely with operations and co-ordinate POS Product master Data maintenance including; Maintaining System Retail Pricing, SKU margin modelling, Franchisee Remote system support, promotional pricing scenarios and stock balancing, DC Warehouses/space rationalization.
Data Warehouse Management – Research functionalities and technical configurations within Farm Shop Integrated systems and administer data extractions from Data Warehouses. On a daily basis, ensure that data is available and accurate on a timely basis for use by the Business. Develop new data loads as needed and maintain a working relationship with COO, Finance, Supply Chain and various information support teams to leverage data access and transfer using BI applications.
Develop New POS Application Software – Act as a Business Process Architect and develop the ideal Retail POS applications and end-to-end business processes; Taking end to end ownership of the changes in the retail markets e.g. arrange pilot and mass deploy schedules, follow up the issues in pilot/deploy sites with teams/vendors to prioritize and fix the issues and internal stakeholder management.
Required Knowledge, Education & Experience
- Experience leading IT strategy development and implementation for small, growth-oriented Retail companies in rural Kenya or similar operating environments
- Extensive experience configuring and managing common Business technology solutions including ERP, CRM, POS, Supply Chain Integrations and/or financial management solutions.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional work experience in Retail Supply Chain Deployments and 5 years managing IT teams/consultants.
- University-level Degree in Computer science, Engineering, Information Technology or a related field.
- Experience with common programming languages especially SQL, database configurations and networking solutions.
- Ability to engage a small but highly-motivated team in participatory processes to gather continuous input on system performance, prioritize functional requests and deliver solutions quickly and cost-effectively.
- Deep local market connections and a well-developed network within Kenya and internationally of reliable solutions providers, consultants, programmers and others with requisite skills.
- Highly analytical, organized, conscientious with high attention to detail
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online