Business Development and Marketing Intern – 3 Months contract with opportunity for being absorbed.We are looking for a candidate with a great attitude who possesses excellent business and communication skills and preferably a fresh graduate from a well-recognized university.
Upon completion of 3 months contract and a good performance appraisal, the candidate will be mentored and supported to head the Business Development and Marketing unit.Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee and supervise all business development activities by offering technical advice and proactively leading the exercises internally and externally, organizing travel logistics and supporting administration functions as requested
- Oversee and participate in establishment of business objectives, developing budgets, and providing summaries of company marketing program performance
- Support the Executive Director in preparing business plans, proposals, financial projections, business model canvas and pitch presentations / videos
- Take a leading role in coordinating rabbit farmers, rabbit meat collection, processing, packaging and distribution to customers
- Establish and manage both public and private partnerships, PR requests, business relationships and develop strategies for maintaining the existing business accounts healthy all year long
- Provide product/service development support and explore innovative ways for value addition
- Support in other business development functions as requested or needed
Sales & Marketing
- Design and create marketing strategies and programs with a bid to create awareness and subsequently increase of sales revenue.
- Working with the Executive Director to implement marketing plans, including product positioning and campaign strategies.
- Responsible for branding, advertising, trade shows, company events and promotional collateral.
- Oversee all the tendering processes and ensure that the process is of impeccable integrity, flawless, compliant to relevant laws and cost effective.
- Set targets for the sales team under SMART guidelines
- Write weekly reports on all marketing activities undertaken and account it to the Executive Director
- Manage all aspects of seasonal campaigns for successful implementation. Includes, but not limited to Social Media, Advertising, Outdoor, Direct Mail, SMS/ Email Messaging, Website management, PR and Events.
- Develop and manage a loyalty program as per the guidelines set forth by the brand.
- Execute a seasonal hindsight on key competitors and recap on local programs and events
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing programs (ROI & measurements) and recommend opportunities for the future improvements
- Work closely with Executive Director on projects dealing with media relations, business communications and success stories.
- Diploma or degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Willingness and ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Decisiveness and willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- A positive CAN DO attitude.
How to Apply
Please send a one page cover letter and 2 pages CV to [email protected] by 10th September 2015.