Business Development and Communications Internship at Elective Africa
Elective Africa is an organization in the education travel industry; a leading organizer of educational and expedition travel programs to Africa, and is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. We are focused on getting our clients the best ravel experiences that are REAL.
Rewarding, Enriching, Adventurous and Learning Experience. Our programs target healthcare degree students for electives placements; aspiring healthcare students for pre-health internships & volunteer missions; gap year and school teams for summer expeditions and meaningful social change project work and business school treks for industry immersions into companies in Kenya.
The business development team in EA has the overall responsibility of sales and building relationships with schools, universities and institutions, research and program development.
Elective Africa is looking for talented individuals to join our company for a BD and Communications internship that will take 3 months. While assisting with a wide range of assignments, the intern will gain experience and training in many aspects of the business and a good understanding of working with a diverse young team of people.
Responsibilities for the Business Development & Communications Internship
- Carrying out product research and overall business requirements in the industry and identifying emerging opportunities in the experiential travel industry
- Conducting marketing activities geared towards enhancing the EA brand value
- Developing general publications and monthly newsletters
- Designing marketing materials
- Identifying emerging marketing and communications trends
- Web content management and understanding how to market products online
- Managing client accounts and maximizing revenue generation whilst bringing in new business through a variety of lead generation activities
- This is a perfect internship for someone who is a self-starter, detail oriented, creative thinker, not afraid to roll her/his sleeves up and is interested in working with a dedicated team.
- If your performance exceeds expectations, you will be offered a position in the company at the end of your internship.
Requirements Business Development & Communications Internship
- A bachelor’s degree in preferably in Tourism Management. Other degree programs to be considered include
- Communications, Marketing or any other related field with a minimum of second-class honors upper division
- A grade B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with similar grades in languages.
- Must be reliable, responsible, and be able to meet deadlines
- Good writing skills is essential with keen attention to detail
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- Sales skills and top notch desire to sell
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Willingness to work long & odd hours to complete assignments with no supervision
- Knowledge on digital marketing will be an added advantage
How To Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on www.electiveafrica.com/careers and upload your application letter and current CV by the end of day on Monday 10th of April 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted