The sales department requires a dynamic Business Development executive for Mombasa who will work to improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth.
This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Business Development Managers work in a senior sales position within the company. It is their job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization.
To achieve this, they need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
Business Development Executive will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
They must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
New Business Development
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization, Research and build relationships with new clients, Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals and Participate in pricing the solution/service
- Client Retention
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships, Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends and by using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate, Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people, capabilities, goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience and previous experience in service industry will be an added advantage.
- Degree in sales and marketing or in business related field.
- Demonstrated record of excellent negotiation, people management and communication skills.
- Proficiency in excel and Sage systems.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Sales management and customer service.
- Knowledge of Sales tools and techniques
- Knowledge of and experience in the service industry and similar and operating environment an added advantage
- Long-term perspective and cultural sensitivity.
- Special qualifications: The incumbent must demonstrate proficiency in sales administration, strong organizational skills in the areas of Sales and operations, budget and project administration; effective interface with diverse groups; effective supervisory skills.
- Incumbent experience must include demonstrated hands-on responsibility for the full scope of Sales activities, both operations and analysis.
Key Skills Service Areas
Developing Sales Standards
Foster Team work
Promoting Process Improvement
Increase the Sales turnover as per the target.
Quality Tender documents submitted on time.
Ensure we work within the set budget.
Prompt payment to improve cash flow.
Have contract documents for all the projects.
Minimal customer complaints.
How to Apply