Business Development Internship
Duma work is recruiting a Business Development Intern for one of our clients: a leading science and technology firm in life science, health care and performance materials.
Job Description: The employer is looking for a Business Development Intern within the Digitization Africa team, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
As an intern, you will mainly support the Head of Digitization Africa in managing and running their programmes in existing countries, support in the roll-out into other African countries (Nigeria, Namibia, Botswana, Mauritius, Uganda, Tanzania, Angola, Mozambique), as well as for further development of the platform.
You will work very closely with the Head of Digitization Africa, but will soon receive own responsibility over the entire program and the opportunity to manage the program by yourself. If successful, there is a chance that the internship position develops into a full-time position.
The position offers the unique opportunity to work in a highly innovative and progressive field within a multi-national science and technology company.
Digitization and innovation are becoming increasingly important in the field of healthcare, which makes this position even more appealing. Additionally to business development, you will cover fields of marketing, product development, sales and co-operations.
Ideal start date: 1 August 2016
Duration of internship: 6 months
Education & Languages
- Master or Bachelor (Diploma) degree in business, economics, finance, entrepreneurship or science/medical degree, required.
- Fluent English is a must
- Previous working experience (internship) ideally in a startup or large company
- Project Management experience
- Marketing, Communication and Social Media
- Technical affinity
- Experience in taking a new product from idea to launch is desirable
- Used to work in a creative and innovative working environment
- Experience in Innovation Management and Business Modelling
- Well-structured and organized
- Result-oriented and analytic
- Persistent and disciplined
- Smart risk-taker
- Service-oriented and communicative
- Flexible and stress-resistant
- Big Picture thinker and conceptually creative
- Innovative and creative thinker
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2263”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2263, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 23th June 2016
N.B. * When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.