Connexus Corporation (www.connexuscorporation.com) is an international development consulting firm. We design sustainable, market-based development strategies that link developing economies with global markets to increase incomes of the poor. Connexus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Business Development & Investment Specialist Job Purpose
- Connexus is seeking a Business Development and Investment Specialist for the anticipated five year USAID/Kenya and East Africa Private Sector Development Initiative. The purpose of the anticipated project is to promote private sector growth for development gains. The project will focus on identifying small business (and larger when applicable) and entrepreneurs, and mobilizing all forms of capital with technical assistance and transaction advisory services to seed enterprise growth at scale. It is anticipated that the project will focus on a number of sectors, including but not limited to: agriculture, clean energy, nutrition, water and sanitation hygiene (WASH), regional cross-border trade, and other youth-oriented activities.
Business Development & Investment Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Identify and make contact with key informants and key stakeholders in various sectors
- Identify opportunities for finance and investment in identified sectors, package them well to attract lending institutions
- Work to develop, package and market a pipeline of project related investment opportunities in coordination with project partners
- Develop relationships with local and international financial institutions and investors
- Assist in mentoring entrepreneurs and/or build their capacity to develop business plans and strengthen their management and operations
Qualifications For Business Development & Investment Specialist Job
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in economic growth/trade, finance, or investment promotion, investment analysis
- Experience in evaluating SME investment opportunities
- Experience in strengthening SME management and operations and preparing them for investment
- Demonstrated creativity, willingness to innovate, think systemically and work in a team environment
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs in East or Central Africa is a plus
- This position requires spoken and written fluency in English and Kiswahili.Deadline: Friday, September 9, 2016
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Investment Specialist – PSDI” in the subject line.