The role holder will be responsible for generating and distributing profitable Britam Group products and business from the banking sector and coordinating with the bank managers, Bancassurance Officers and relationship officers in generating valid business leads.
- Develop Account strategy to unlock potential with key bank Partners;
- Align drivers of business to deliver on all agreed service level agreements;
- Communicate Partners expectations and provide insights back to the business to deliver competitively on a product or process;
- Facilitate Team working and knowledge sharing;
- Ensure profitable business growth objectives are met with each Bank Partner through new business and retention of existing business;
- Develop training calendars for Bank Partners on products and process and oversee implementation of all training programmes;
- Manage relationships of your key accounts e.g. visitations to support Bancassurance Agents etc;
- Preparation of accurate and competitive quotations for insurance business and ensure they are delivered promptly to potential clients;
- Oversee the processing of tenders and ensure required documentation is availed on time;
- Participate in product development and delivery for right fit of products to the Bank Partners;
- Ensure prompt follow-up on renewals to ensure that the prescribed retention ratio is achieved;
- Coordinate Bank Partner evaluation and implement recommendations;
- Manage Bancassurance Relationship Executives to achieve the Division given’s goals and objectives; and
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
- STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVE KPI’S
- INITIATIVES PERSPECTIVE KPI’S
- OPERATIONAL PERSPECTIVE KPI’S
The Business Development Manager, Bancassurance will be:
- Accountable to the Head of Bancassurance
- Directly responsible for;
- Sales Executive Bancassurance
- Sales Assistant Bancassurance
Insurance Sector Players
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor of Commerce degree (marketing option preferred)
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, FLMI or IIK)
- 6-8 years’ experience in insurance/banking/financial services two of which must be in supervisory position
- Leading and Supervising: Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
Sunday, July 30, 2017
Bachelor of Commerce degree (marketing option preferred);