He or She will also ensure that the company retains and continues to grow its share of business from regular clients.
Salary: 250 – 300 K
Business Development Manager Job Responsibilities
- Delivering new and repeat business and cross-selling all product lines to meet revenue and margin targets.
- Establish and manage a sales team, set, agree and manage performance against agreed revenue and margin budgets.
- Establish sales policies, procedures, selling and reporting guidelines to support the sales team in achieving the objectives set, in growing our market share and in increasing revenues.
- Manage the sales cycle from the contacts stage to the post-closing stage for all sales; ensures all customer requirements are well understood and efficiently responded.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports, data, research and market intelligence to the directors, highlighting business performance, competitive landscape and recommendations.
- Review and track progress against revenue and targets; analyze sales/ revenue reports; recommend and propose changes to existing plans and operating budgets; implement approved changes.
- Maintain excellent client relationships, ensuring that the company grows its share of business from regular clients.
- Work closely with other internal departments and stakeholders through regular meetings to ensure client/ contractual needs and expectations are communicated and met.
- Work with Finance to ensure all payments are collected within the agreed timelines as per the credit terms of the customer.
Qualifications for the Business Development Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales& Marketing/supply chain solutions or equivalent relevant field
- 6 years’ experience within the logistics/freight forwarding space with at least 5 in sales and business development.
- Proven track record in sales of logistics/freight forwarding services, with international exposure
- Capable of working independently and managing a diverse client base and maintaining relationships
- Have a detailed understanding of the local market trends and demands.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Business Development Manager – Freight Forwarding & Logistics) to [email protected] before Friday 15th September 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.