We are a leading player in Agribusiness in East African region. We supply and install a wide range of Agricultural equipment, Irrigation Systems and water solutions and Hospitality equipment.
We are looking for a self-driven individual to fill the position below:
Business Development Manager
Role Objective / Summary: Develop new market opportunities and revenue streams both locally and regionally in the Hospitality, Irrigation and Agricultural divisions.
Review and exploit existing opportunities fully to ensure achievement of set sales targets for the company’s products
Role and Duties:
- Generating marketing strategies, setting objectives, and carrying out market research
- Appraising competitors’ activities and overall economic and social trends to stimulate profitable revenue growth
- Prospecting for new business and formulating aggressive initiatives to retain business.
- In collaboration with Line Managers, revisit existing sales and marketing tactics and investigate alternative distribution channels, market segments, advertising and promotional tactics and strategic business relationships to promote revenue and volume growth
- Engage in periodic market and technology research to gather trends and consumer insights, share findings with other departments and participate in seeking appropriate response tactics
- Prepare annual Business Development plans and budgets
- Identify and follow up on potential business opportunities and prepare appropriate business proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or any relevant field from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience; 3 of which should be at a management level.
- Willingness to travel and work in a local, regional and global set up
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and apply management principles
- Excellent team leadership skills, communication, organization and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to submit their application letter indicating current and expected salary and detailed curriculum vitae on or before 19th December 2016 to: [email protected] Only successful candidates will be contacted.