Job Title: Business Development Manager
Organisation: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Corporate Affairs
The National Forestry Authority (NFA) is a Government agency established under the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, 2003 as a corporate body responsible for sustainable development and management of Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) and provision of technical support to stakeholders in the forest sub-sector.
Job Summary: The Business Development Manager will identify, develop, nurture, manage, generate revenue and coordinate income sources, markets and business opportunities for the National Forestry Authority (NFA) in forestry and non-forestry products and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will develop and revise guidelines for business promotion and marketing;
• Work closely with other units to develop effective and quality business proposals with competitive service prices and budgets for funding.
• Research and analyze new business opportunities and develop the consultancy potential of NFA through marketing and networking with potential clients.
• Identify, generate revenue and coordinate income generating activities through consultancy and marketing new business opportunities based on agreed annual targets that will be set jointly and periodically;
• Manage multiple professional product teams and run Client Relationship Management programme.
• Develop and provide business information and reports for uploading on the NFA website.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should hold an Honour’s degree in Business Administration or Commerce. A Masters’ degree in business administration or any related relevant field e.g. natural resources management, economics; statistics will be an added advantage. Knowledge of Project Planning and proposal writing will also be an advantage.
• A minimum of five years of post-qualification consulting experience and hands on experience with formulating, designing and implementing a sales and marketing strategy in business development, forestry financing, forestry, value chain development, proposal development in a public or private dynamic organisation.
• Demonstrable and deep analytical presentation, communication and selling skills
• Excellent business negotiation and strong client management skills;
• Be a self-starter who can demonstrate initiative, creativeness, vertical thinking and able to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to cope with competing demands, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letters, copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants education, qualifications, experience, present salary and naming three referees, plus their postal, email and telephone contacts to the address below;
Plot10/20 Spring Road Nakawa
P.O. Box 70863, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: 0312 – 264035/6 or 0414 – 230365/9
Deadline: Friday, 15th November 2015