Business Development & Marketing Job at Management University of Africa
The Director, Business Development and Marketing will report to the Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs and will be responsible for directing the business development activities of the University, seeking out new business opportunities and playing a key role in the University’s bottom-line.
He/she will ensure the University remains competitive and grows consistently and rapidly in sales across all channels by planning, developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating plans designed to increase existing business and capture new opportunities.
Duties for the Business Development & Marketing Job
- Develop and implement appropriate marketing strategy including developing both a short term and long term marketing plan of the University.
- Coordinating Marketing of University products and services;
- Providing feedback to the academic departments on any market perceptions that may be relevant to the improvements in service delivery;
- Overseeing the prospecting and identifying of market penetration methods in the academic, research and extension and other University products;
- Carry out systematic analysis of the University’s market positioning in order to establish strengths and map scope for growth;
- Spearhead the provision of market intelligence and the gathering of information on competitors’ products;
- Recommend appropriate products/programmes pricing structures and make them available to the relevant departments and stake holders;
- Write proposals, deliver presentations, participate in meetings with clients, represent and promote the company at promotional events.
- Build a solid pipeline of repeat and new business by ensuring that customers are highly regarded and receive exceptional service.
Business Development & Marketing Job Requirements
- A master’s degree in a business related field with a degree or a diploma in marketing.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience working in a senior development role preferably for a similar organization.
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth.
- Ambitious and target focused with a drive to succeed.
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads.
- A self-motivated natural leader and motivator of sales and business development teams with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong understanding of the higher education industry both in Kenya and in the region will be required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 12th June 2017. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P.O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI
Email: [email protected]