Our client, highly talented & experienced professionals in the logistics/freight forwarding industry is seeking to recruit a Business Development and Sales Manager to be based in Nairobi. The preferred candidate MUST have prior work experience internationally in the logistics industry within a multicultural environment.
• Execute and close sales calls.
• Collaborate with the operations department to develop solutions for clients.
• Worldwide quotation preparation for air, sea, road, imports and exports.
• Local and international projects and tender preparation.
• Account development and retention and new account acquisition.
• Communicate account and market knowledge to Sales team.
• Assure account and customer standards are met.
• Check for proper company standards in the company’s services.
• Resolve customer inquiries.
• Monitor profitability of business and raising the sales of the day.
• Prepare monthly plan on achieving area target.
• Review target plan on a weekly basis with the team.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing.
• Must hold recognized Freight Forwarding qualifications.
• Must have international business development / sales / marketing experience in logistics.
• Must be capable of working independently and managing a diverse client base.
• Must be self motivated in a sales environment.
• Computer literate.
• Good written and spoken English.