Business News Editor Jobs In Kenya
The Standard Group comprises, The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services.
The Group is looking for qualified, experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
Business News Editor /Anchor
- To co-ordinate news gathering operations, obtain well researched and most up to date business news on daily events both locally & internationally.
Business News Editor Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- In charge of business desk operations, overall administration of the business desk and enriching the daily news bulletins with relevant features.
- Assigns duties to reporters, briefs reporters and advises on angles to take on a story and liaises with Bureau Chiefs for stories from the region.
- Draws up news plans – includes story idea, synopsis and proposed mode of execution and determines running order in consultation with other editors and news producers.
- Assesses political, social and economic climate and anticipates likely developments for coverage.
- Convenes and chairs editorial meetings in order to share his plan for the day.
- Manages reporters.
- Ensure that the station is not scooped and maintains an up to date dairy of news contacts.
Qualifications For Business News Editor Jobs In Kenya
- University Degree in Journalism.
- Diploma in Journalism/Mass Communication.
- 5 to 7 years working experience.
- Ability to work long odd hours.
- Editing skills.
- People management skills.
How to Apply
If you possess the qualifications to fit any of the above roles and you have the enthusiasm and drive to meet the challenges, visit our website HERE to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than March 10, 2016. The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification Please note that ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted.