Exceptional professionals with 2 – 5+ years’ work experience to serve in a position that combines financial and operational analysis with management experience in Africa.
Job Location:Tanzania Regional Capital (English Required).
Duration:Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
The Business Operations department is responsible for all key client data management and works closely with our core operations on a daily basis. One Acre Fund’s Tanzania program is growing rapidly, and the Business Operations Associate will be responsible for facilitating this growth by leading a team of about 10 bookkeepers in an efficiently designed, well-structured, and goal-oriented manner. This task will require a high level of responsibility, and we’re looking for someone who can effectively meet goals and deliver results through systems design, staff hiring, and leadership development.
While based in Iringa, the Business Operations Associate will also manage a growing team in various locations across Tanzania. Additionally, we are looking to transition our program to direct farmer mobile repayments; this will be another key project the Business Operations Associate will lead.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2-5+ years of work experience, and a long-term interest in international development. You will serve in a career-track position that combines financial and operational analysis with management experience in Africa, and you will help lead our growing program in Tanzania.
Typical projects/tasks will include:
• Staff Management & Development: Manage and develop team of 10+ bookkeepers that ensures that client orders, payments and other program features are fully reflected in our custom CRM system. Managing and developing the structures and individual talent of the team will be your most important role. You will also collaborate closely across departments with our Field Operations, Logistics, Technology and Finance teams.
• Client Payments: Ensure that individual client payments are entered into our custom system in an accurate and timely manner. Lead the transition towards using mobile repayment systems.
• Client Order Management & Fulfillment: Manage seasonal client sign-up and order processes as well as working with Logistics to ensure that 300,000 clients receive what they ordered throughout the season.
• Client Data Management: Integrate programmatic rules and trials such as prepayment deadlines, client penalties, variable deadlines, etc.
• Customer Service: Help to develop a world-class customer service team and processes to ensure that customer inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2-5+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, starting a business, solid Peace Corps accomplishments).
• Ability to develop and grow a team. Previous people and project management experience, or experience hiring a team, is highly valuable.
• Masters’ Degree in Business or Finance, or equivalent degree
• Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
• Advanced MS Office skills (Access a bonus)
• Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
• Language: English required, Swahili preferred.
Preferred Start Date:Flexible
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Click here to apply